PARC : Perso-Arabic Resource Centre for Urdu, Sindhi, Kashmiri and Arabic
Ministry of Communication and Information Technology has identified C-DAC as the Resource Centre for the Perso-Arabic range of languages used in India. For the last couple of years, PARC has been in continuous research and development for the scripts that are written from right to left, and is working out solutions for their technical aspect on computers.
To empower people of India through the use of Information Technology (IT) solutions in Indian languages.
- To improve the quality of life of people of India by enabling them to use Information Technology (IT) in Indian languages.
- To develop new products and services for processing information in Indian languages.
- To conduct research in computer processing of Indian languages.
Core Activities under PARC
- Font Development
- Language tools
- Developiong Perso-Arabic enabled applications for Newspaper and media industry.
- Embedded Devices
- Developing standards (storage, fonts and keyboards) for the Perso-Arabic languages.
- PASCii for storage standard
- Developing good quality Nastaliq and Naskh fonts for Urdu, Sindhi, Kashmiri and Arabic languages.
- Nastaliq Fonts
- Naskh Fonts
- Providing language tools such as transliteration between Indian and Perso-Arabic languages, Spellcheckers, etc.
- Word Processing & Publishing Softwares
-Enabling Perso-Arabic languages on embedded devices